Monday, August 25, 2008

Vegas Baby!

Daniel and I spent this weekend celebrating our engagement with family and friends. We had a lovely barbecue in our backyard on Saturday evening, complete with great food, wonderful company, and a few very moving toasts.

And on Sunday we made our way over to Red Wing, Minnesota, where we took a look at The Round Barn, a wedding venue I've been dreaming about for the past several months. We loved the place, the natural ambiance, the rustic country manor farm home, and the beautiful old barn and the surrounding river bluffs.

But most of all, we loved the fact that our dogs will be able to join us when we tie the knot. Seeing as Charly helped Dan out with the proposal, I think we'll have Gus bring the wedding bands down the aisle on the big day. He'll need a handler of course, but I'm thinking he can do it as long as whoever's holding the leash has lots of treats in his pockets.

But don't worry, we're not planning on making the pups wear tuxedos or even bow ties. I'm thinking about just a simple black collar. Here's one from Hampton's Hound, one of many vendors offering fashionable collars, leads, and harnesses at Pet Fashion Week. The Vegas Collar has a bit of sparkle, and I think it's cute, yet classic and still simple. And I think Gus would look fabulous in it!

No comments: