Monday, August 18, 2008

Puppy Love

I've got big news! Daniel and I got engaged last Friday, with a little help from Charly, who brought me the most beautiful perfect ring I could have ever hoped for. It shines and sparkles, and is everything a girl could want. And to top it off, I get to marry the most amazing human being on this planet.

Dan and I would have never met, had it not been for our dogs, who brought us to Lake of the Isles on that early spring morning three and a half years ago. Who ever thought that I'd find love, peace, and joy, all together at a Minneapolis dog park? I sure didn't.

In fact, I keep coming back to the conclusion that these dogs have profoundly changed me, in more ways than I'll ever be able to explain. I owe so much thanks and gratitude to these dogs who'll never be able to fully understand the magnitude of their presence in my life.

Love is in the air, and today I'm featuring this incredibly cute ceramic mug from Graham and Green. I was going to save this find for Valentine's Day, but it seems all too appropriate for this occasion.

5 comments:

bruno said...

Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness congrats! i was coming on your site for inspiration and saw this! xo

Moira said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful dog love story!

Trish said...

Congratulations!
My fiance and I also met because of dogs. My boss knew my fiance from the dog park and brought me out one Saturday to meet him. We have been together for 3 years this month and are getting married in October.
Ahhh puppy love!!

charlymydog said...

Thanks so much for the well wishes!