Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lucky

I love where I live, particularily because it's so close to downtown Minneapolis where I work, and every morning, instead of getting on a freeway for a half hour, I get to drive around Lake Of The Isles, and I'm at work in less than 15 minutes. I wouldn't trade this for anything. I had a job once that was about a 25 minute drive away, out in the Western Suburbs of Minneapolis, and I lasted about 2 months.

I was reminded today of how lucky I am to have such an easy and pleasurable commute, when towards the end of my trip around the lake, I saw a family out for a morning stroll. The mother was carting a baby in a stroller, and the father was handling two dogs, and sipping his morning coffee. I thought it was really special, for a family to be enjoying some time together on a busy weekday, and for me to catch a glimpse of it, rather than to be stuck in traffic on the interstate.

I spent some time exploring Nick Wroblewski's booth this weekend at the Uptown Art Fair. Even though he doesn't have dogs in his work, I just absolutely love his art. And when I went to his website yesterday, I did find some foxes and wolves.

No comments: