Friday, August 8, 2008

The Clay Pot

I took my first pottery class five years ago at the Minnetonka Center for the Arts, and for the next several years I made all kinds of bowls, cups, vases, and plates. At first my work was pretty mediocre, as I struggled to understand how to use the potter's wheel. But over time I got better and better, and my collection grew.

I was pretty prolific for the first four years after that class, but lately I've been struggling to find the time to get into the studio. I miss it though, the creative process, the feel of the clay between my hands, the unexpected outcome...

My last find at the Uptown Artfair were these very cute ceramic bowls from Homquist Pottery. You can buy their standard pottery designs, or you can send in a picture of your dog and they'll customize your piece.

No comments: