Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pet Fashion Week Guest Post

A couple of weeks ago I promised all of you a personal account of Pet Fashion Week from friend and Chief Executive Officer of Printed Puppy Inc., Kristy Sevag. Well, she's finally digging herself out of the paper pile-up that happens when you leave the office for a week, and here's that promised post. Enjoy!


Well, I am back from Pet Fashion Week 2008 and I must say my back hurts. You may think it's from from lifting boxes, setting up our booth, or just general nervous tension. Nope!

My back kills from having to bend down every time I saw an ADORABLE little dog! I had to crouch down and pet every single one, they were all so irresistable. Almost every cutie I saw had to be under 10 pounds and wearing an adorable dress. The only dog I could pet standing was a gorgeous full sized Boxer who won my heart. He belonged to another exhibitor and would come visit me during our two days of showing. Sometimes he stole my display items! It was so funny!

Saturday morning was the first of two runway shows. 8 companies, including Printed Puppy Inc., were selected to strut the walkway. With the music blaring and the lights dim, in came the models. Each company had 6 looks to showcase what they are all about. I had given my gift packaging line to the staff at Pet Fashion Week and told them to go all out, and what I saw astounded me! The artists took my line of paper goods and made flapper dresses, hoop skirts, and cocktail dresses for the models, and matching attire for the accompanying dogs! Every look that past by me got better and better.

The show came to an end and the crowd of 400+ went wild! All the human models handled the canines with such grace and care. The real stars, the dogs, were proud and happy to strut! The same show repeated for the Saturday night crowd.

Overall my first Pet Fashion Week experience was one to remember. The fact that I launched my product line less than 8 months ago and I've had the opportunity to show at the largest Pet Fashion industry convention is amazing. I met so many interesting and wonderful people, who were all so helpful and willing to share their loads of industry experience with a newbie.

I really look forward to showing again next year and who knows, maybe Printed Puppy, Inc will come to the runway with a new line of doggie fashion attire. We shall see!

To view my gift line please visit Printed Puppy. If you have any questions please email me at info@printedpuppy.com !

XOXO,
Kristy!

No comments: