Wednesday, September 10, 2008

California Dreamin'

This morning I went to what I thought was supposed to be my last visit with Doctor Everson, my Eye Surgeon/Doctor at Edina Eye Physicians and Surgeons. Mom was kind enough to drive me out there, since my eye has been pretty light sensitive and I haven't been able to drive long distances. Of course she insisted on bringing the dogs along for the car ride, so all three of them chauffered me around town.

The appointment was short and sweet, with the the doctor assuring me that I'm doing just fine, but I'll need a couple extra visits with him to monitor my progress. By the time I got back in the car, I was feeling quite capable of driving myself back home, but happy not to to be the one fighting the traffic on Hwy. 62. Plus, Gus decided he wanted to ride shot gun as well, so he climbed in on top of me and curled up in my lap for the whole way home. Now remember, this is a 65 pound Pit Bull! And he did not get up or move once! Seriously!!!

So I've had a bit of an off week because of laser eye surgery and all that. Five days and several doctor's appointments later, I'm starting to feel like my old self again. I say that with some degree of hesitation, as they told me a full recovery will take a few weeks. But at least I no longer feel like somebody's repeatedly stabbing my right eye with a pitch fork!

Here's a refreshing look at pet photography. Sabrina Hela of Cookies and Water takes a documentary approach to her photo shoots. No forced posing, no cute outfits, just your dog, her camera, and if you're in Los Angeles, the beach, boardwalk, Rodeo Drive, or wherever your pet wants to play.

Yet another reason I wish I lived in California...

No comments: