Monday, September 1, 2008

Berlin Schnau

Daniel and I spent the whole three-day weekend packing up our house, getting ready for our move to Germany. We'll be spending the fall semester in Deutschland, where Daniel will be doing research at the University of Bonn.

So Dan left yesterday, and he's on his way to Europe, via Chicago. I'll be joining him in a month, after I wrap up some things with my job. They've been incredibly supportive and have allowed me to take a three month leave of absence, which means I have to work extra hard this month to help out with as many projects as possible.

The dogs of course will go to grandma's, since we're just too scared to stick them in the bottom of an airplane for the 8 hour flight to Germany. My mom is thrilled because she'll get the puppies all to herself, for four entire months.

There are so many things I'm going to miss while on this European Adventure; my family and friends, our coffee maker, a washing machine and dryer in the basement, the autumn colors of the Midwest.

Most of all I'll miss those dogs. Damn, I love those guys.

And second, I'll miss our Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed. Honestly, we've never slept better. The back pain is gone, and we are so happy and rested when we get up in the morning. I just know that little European double bed waiting for us in Deutschland is going to kill.

But at least I can rest assured Gus and Charly will be getting their beauty sleep. I just got them their very own doggy beds from DoggyArchy to take with them to grandma's. These eco-friendly beds are made from organic cotton and pesticide-free industrial hemp fibers and fillers, reducing your dogs daily exposure to the hazardous chemicals released from your typical synthetic pet bed. And these beds are gorgeous, so you can promote your dog's natural health without compromising your style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Kristin. I work for Select Comfort in the Customer Service department. I just want to say thank you for your loyalty to the Sleep Number bed. I don’t know what I would do without mine for an entire 3 months; the good news is that you’ll be home before you know it and enjoying the quality sleep you’re used to!

As for the dogs, at least Gus and Charly will be in good hands while you are gone, but I know exactly what you mean. I have a hard time leaving my dog, Macie for one night!

I would also like to invite you to share your story on a website for Sleep Number bed owners called www.beds.com, there is also a wonderful section called The Slumber Party blog, here you can see thoughts from the Select Comfort team and share your own ideas. I wish you the best of luck with your move, and look forward to seeing lots of pictures!



Sleep Well,

Kristin Prahl
I’m a 45!