Friday, September 19, 2008

Better Late Than Never

My alarm clock went off at 7:15 this morning, and thinking that it was Saturday, I turned the damn thing off, muttered a bit of frustration under my breath, and went back to bed.

The next thing I know I'm up at 10:30, and as I make my way slowly to the kitchen for some coffee, I suddenly realize that it in fact is not Saturday, but Friday, and I'm supposed to be at work, instead of lounging around in my pajamas!

Oops! I immediately call my boss, and explain to her why I'm not at work, and she laughs histerically, because nobody's ever used this excuse on her before. I'm so lucky to work with some of the coolest most laid back people, because she then tells me that if I want to take the whole day off, I'm welcome to do so.

It really is a spectacular day here in Minneapolis, and man was I tempted to accept her offer, but I have so much to get done before leaving for Germany in a week, that I forced myself in to the office. It's going to be a long day...

Gus and Charly have two matching leopard print beds, that we've now retired in favor of the DoggyArchy beds I got for them a month ago. But I may just have to buy them these very soft and stylish leopard doggy blankets from Canine Styles. Don't you just love this photo? So cute!

No comments: