Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Car Troubles

Our car saga continues... In October of last year, Daniel and I decided to trade in his old and rusty Mercury sedan for a newer, more reliable, and larger car. We ended up with a brand new Toyota Rav4, which we had decided would be perfect. In all honesty, I think what drove us to get this SUV was the fact that hauling the dogs around the city would be made so much easier by this car. The fact is that Gus is a big time shedder, he loves to pace back and forth in the car when he's in the back seat, and he gets dog hair everywhere. We also have Charly, who calmy sits in the back seat, but gets crushed by Gus every time he falls over after a sharp turn on the road. We were looking for a car where we could basically stick the dogs in the trunk and not see them or hear them until we reached our destination. Safe right? So after deliberating for some time between a hatchback and a smaller SUV, we chose the SUV, thinking we could still fit actual people in our back seats AND haul the dogs around in the open cargo space at the same time, all without a big hairy mess. For the first month, everything was fantastic. Gus and Charly loved the trunk. We bought a large tempurpedic type mat and they were both relaxing like babies on every ride. Our dream had come true.

And then it hadn't: I began having terrible upper back pain. After several months we realized that the front seats of this car were horribly uncomfortable, and my back was getting worse and worse. Now the dogs were relaxed in the trunk, but I was moving every which way trying to find comfort. I tried every single seat position the car had. I bought several expensive back pillows at the back store for additional support. And still, my back pain continued. It came to the point when I had to stop driving the car altogether. After a few weeks respite I got myself into the passenger seat and a day later my back was hurting again. I decided I couldn't get back into the car, ever. And now we're trying to sell it.

In the mean time, I'm driving my mom's Chevy Aveo. As if we needed more car problems, the airconditioning in my Honda Civic suddenly stopped functioning, and the windows and locks haven't worked in almost an entire year. Therefor, Gus and Charly are riding in the back seats of a small car once again, which has me searching for a back seat cover that'll hide all that dog hair, and won't fall off every time Gus gets up to look out the window.

I found this back seat hammock at Bark Slope. The machine washable luxurious microvelvet fabric is super comfortable for your dogs, and easy to clean for you. The nylon straps attach securly to the front and back seat headrests, so the cover won't slip and slide around. I think Gus and Charly will love it. I just hope we can sell the SUV.

1 comment:

General Tom said...

Thanks for share good post. Useful information, keep it up. I like your post.