Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Last weekend was my dad's 60th birthday, and to celebrate, we had a small family brunch at our house. This weekend, tonight, we're having a slightly larger birthday party for family AND friends. I waited until the second birthday party to give my father his birthday present, which means I have some wrapping to do this afternoon before the party. The problem is, wrapping presents was never a major priority in my family growing up, and I never really learned how to
do it.
I didn't care much about my lack of wrapping present skills, until my brother brought home Alicia, his girlfriend, now wife. Alicia is a professional when it comes to wrapping gifts, and though my brother used to be worse at this art than me, with her help he's become much much better. So now, whenever I have a gift to wrap, I end up fretting about how much worse it will look than the gift Bruno and Alicia are wrapping. Maybe I should call her up and see if she'll wrap some presents for me today.
I'm so excited to post about this very special wrapping paper from Whimsy Press. I've been searching for tasteful dog wrapping paper for quite some time now, and this wrapping is by far the best I've seen. Whimsy Press is a team of graphic designers and art directors who produce and sell their own line of paper goods, including wrapping paper, notebooks, and ribbon. All of the products at Whimsy are made of substantial, high quality paper, and if you suck at wrapping presents like me, you'll still have the coolest looking gift at the party.

No comments: