Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Bow Haus

Dan and I have had our dogs together for 4 years, and in all this time, I've never been forced to end a phone conversation because of their barking... until yesterday. We came home last night and were welcomed as usual by two very hyper and excited hounds. It's the same homecoming we get every time: they greet us at the door, jump up and down and do circles around our legs, and then they run off into the living room and wrestle with each other, as if trying to show us all the energy they've saved up for our return.

Last night I made the mistake of answering a phone call from my mother while the boys were dutifully at each others throats. Usually they'll play around like this for a couple of minutes or so and then get tired, but yesterday their fight kept escalating, and their growling and barking at each other became so loud that I finally had to tell my mom I couldn't hear a thing she was saying and I'd call her back.

What I should have said is this: "Hold on a second mom... Boys, go to your room! Haven't I told you to be quiet when mommy's on the phone?"

One of my readers sent me a link to her own pet furniture company Den Haus in Seattle, Washington. I love the collection, especially the Bow Haus, and wanted to share it with you. This pet crate is designed to double as a stylish den for your pet and a functional piece of high end modern furniture. Having pets doesn't mean your house has to go to the dogs! With furniture from Den Haus you can keep your home in style and your dog happy.

No comments: