Monday, July 14, 2008

Bikers, You've Been Warned

I've been so busy the past couple of weeks that I've been forced to miss several days of blogging. I've been very consistent since I started this blog two and a half months ago, posting every single weekday, and taking the weekends off to refuel. I never really thought that I'd actually keep blogging for more than a week or two. I mean, how could I possibly think up so many dog stories, and if I did, how could I keep pretending to be a perfectly normal person, unfazed by the adorableness of puppies. It would be impossible.

Yet here I am, and this is my 58th post of the year. Woot!

Daniel and I biked out to Hopkins yesterday with some friends. We caught the Greenway and rode it all the way into downtown Hopkins, where a friend of mine from high school was participating in a semi-professional bike race. The ride out there was fairly uncomplicated, except for the 20 mile an hour headwinds, and a near collision with another bicyclist, who got distracted by a very cute Jack Russel puppy in a stroller, and rode straight through a stop sign, almost knocking Daniel over and causing a pile up.

Riders, take note, cute puppies are irresistable, and you must stop your bike if you are going to ooh and aah over them. Merely turning your head around backwards and losing sight of the road in front of you is dangerous!

I saw these cards for sale on Etsy a while ago and have wanted to feature them here since. They're made by Angela from Paper Menagerie, and inspired by her own Jack Russel Terrier, Chesney. The "dog pun" here seems particularily appropriate.

1 comment:

bruno said...

Congrats on your 58th post! When you make 100 I'll buy you dinner.