Thursday, June 19, 2008

Vamos Gus!

I called my mom yesterday to find out how the dogs were doing, and she immediately launched into a long and detailed story of her walk with my dogs the day before. Which reminded me that I still haven't bought her that sticker I posted about a month ago.

Deborah: Hey Mom! How are you?

Mom: Doing great! (said in thick Argentine accent) Walking the dogs. Gus is amazing!!!

D: Oh really? (as if this is the first time she's ever said this to me)

M: Oh yeah, he's just amazing, amazing! (Her tone of voice begins to get higher and higher)
I needed to finish up the drawings for Hanson Partners, you know, the builder I met three months ago at The Parade of Homes, the one who's building the house in Prior Lake, the beautiful house I told you about. Oh it's just gorgeous, you should see it.

D: Mom, what about Gus?

M: Oh! I asked Grisha (that's my little brother) to take the boys for a walk since they hadn't been walked in a long time (read 1 hour!) , so he grabbed the leashes and took the boys out. Three mintues later he came back to tell me that Gus was refusing to walk. He didn't want to walk! I said to Grisha, that's impossible! And Grisha told me to take them out myself. So I took the leashes from Grisha and went outside. And Gus still refused to walk! When he doesn't want to go anywhere, it's impossible to make him move. He's so strong Deborah, he's amazing. So I went back inside and I told Grisha he had to come with me to walk the dogs. I told him that Gus was speaking to me, and he didn't want to go on the walk alone with out both of us. Grisha (reluctantly I'm sure) grabbed Gus and I grabbed Charly and we tried again for the third time to take them out. We were finally able to get past the front yard. Poor Charly, waiting and waiting. He's so patient. Los quiero tanto, tanto! And Gus kept looking back at Grisha to make sure that he was still with us during the entire walk around the neighborhood. They are incredible these doggies. I don't know what I would do without them!

D: Mom, you've told me a similar story before (read at least 4 times) but thank you for filling me in.

***Leash holder is from Wrappables. You've read enough haven't you?***

No comments: