Friday, June 27, 2008

Sleepovers

My youngest brother Grisha stayed at our house last night just for fun. I think it was his first time sleeping over at our place, and I hope he enjoyed himself. I think we had a good time. We took the dogs for a walk down to the beach, baked a bad ass lasagna, and watched some excellent episodes of Law and Order. I went to bed early since I have to work in the morning, but I think he and Dan stayed up pretty late playing games on the computer. They're obsessed with a new game called Dino Run, where your dinosaur has to survive an asteroid by running through prehistoric lands as fast as possible eating small bugs and rodents for points.

I woke up this morning to find Charly sitting right outside the closed door of his own room, with his nose almost through the crack between the door and the carpet. He must have known Grisha was in there, because otherwise he would have been on my bed, waiting for me to get up. Charly went to bed with me last night, so he didn't actually see Grisha make his way into the dog's room to sleep. Charly must have sensed or smelled that Grisha was in there, and he was obviously waiting patiently to be let in. It was really cute.

I like this handcrafted doorknob hanger sign from The Spoon Sisters, but it should say "Sleeping. Bark if you need to be let in".



No comments: