Friday, October 17, 2008

Lost

Yesterday I took the subway from downtown Paris to the outskirts, to visit a cousin of mine who lives in an area called Montreuil. On my way back into the city we had a bit of a delay at one of the metro stops and I couldn't figure out why, until I noticed several men on their hands and knees... and when I moved closer to investigate, I saw that they were trying to coax a small dog out from under the seats!

Apparently somebody had either forgotten their dog or abandoned it on the train, and the poor thing was absolutely terrified. I tried to get close but it just growled and shook with fear. After about 10 minutes they managed to run the dog out of the train, and we started moving again, while I watched the little dog run free on the platform with three men and a woman running after it.

I hope they were able to catch the little thing. I worry that it was too frightened to let itself be caught, and may have ended up lost in the metro or worse, under a train...

Daniel and I have rescued several lost dogs at home, and maybe if I'd had a leash and some of these very delicious looking dog treats made right there in Paris at Mon Bon Chien, I could have helped the little guy out...

No comments: