Friday, October 3, 2008

Hallo!



First off, my very sincere apologies to all of you readers out there who've been checking in to a very dull and rather aged House&Hound blog. I've been so incredibly busy this week with planning for my Germany trip, that I haven't had the time, and most of all the mental energy, to post. 

But oh, I have missed you, and I'm actually writing to you from Germany, where Dan and I will be spending the next three months. I'm hoping that now I'll be less distracted with travel and wedding planning, so as to be able to post every day again, or at least several times a week.

Writing is a lot like running or swimming, once you fall out of the habit it's hard to pick it right back up. But with practice and devotion, it becomes a routine that is sorely missed if you happen to lack the time or energy to do it. 

So now I'm here in our new apartment, and I must admit I miss those dogs terribly, already. It's pretty plain to see the Germans love them a dog too, because there are pups everywhere. In fact, I saw several dogs in the airport and on the train we took from Amsterdam to Bonn yesterday. I'm glad to know that if I need some puppy love I can walk down to the nearest cafe and there will probably be a dog waiting for me there. Or I can find one in the Poppelsdorfer Allee. Or in the train station. Or market. Of course none of them will be Charly or the Gusser, but we'll have to make do until December. 

These cards from The Greeting Place are hilarious. I like the card on the top right the best, because it perfectly describes how I felt yesterday, travel tired and ragged, and my improvement today. 

No comments: