Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Late Night



So it hasn't climbed above 5 below today, and I was right, Gus and Charly made it half way around the block and they were done with their walk. It took Dan all of his strength to get them to finish their miserable trip to the toilet, i.e. their pooping street which is located about three blocks from home. Once the business was all taken care of they hurried back to the house, where the boys spent the rest of their day basking in as much sun as they could get through the windows.

I on the other hand have been working all day, 12 hours to be exact... I never ever work more than a 10 hour day, I don't believe it's healthy, but today I made an exception to help a co-worker out with a move project she was managing. Unfortunately, things went a little slower than planned and the movers are still here, and I'm still here. It's 8 pm and we'll probably still be working this job for another 2 hours at least. We are the designers for the project and so we have to be around to answer any questions and make sure things get put in the right place.

So that's my day. A lot rougher than expected, since I've been on my feet since basically 7 am. This t-shirt from Canine Styles (unfortunately it's no longer available for purchase) perfectly expresses how I feel about working more than a normal 8 hour work-day, and also how much I hate this weather!


No comments: