Friday, January 9, 2009

A Brand New Closet

When I moved in with Dan a couple of years ago, we had my mom remodel all of the closets in his townhouse, except for the small closet on the first floor at the entry. Don't ask me why we didn't have her do that one because I don't have an answer. The new closets changed how we live our life upstairs... We have become so much more organized, clean, and honestly, happier since we've had functional closets.

But downstairs we've continued to struggle, and it's been hard to keep a clean and inviting entry to our house because of the lack of sufficient storage for our boots, coats, hats, scarves, mittens, umbrellas... and don't forget dog leashes, coats, and booties.

So we broke down last week after getting home from Europe, and ordered a brand new custom closet from Diseno Closets, which we had installed yesterday. I must say it looks terrific, and our storage capacity in that closet has doubled, if not tripled in size.

Now all I've got to do is find some hardware for the sliding doors... I was thinking about these dog bone shaped handles from Knobs and Things. Would Dan go for these... probably not.

No comments: