Monday, January 12, 2009

Remind Me Why I Live Here?

So we're getting pounded with snow today, and it looks like the next couple of days are going to be the coldest in two years. Yuck... Makes me want to stay at home and nest, never leave the house, except to walk those puppies, and most likely they won't even want to go out in this ridiculously frigid weather, which would be kinda nice for me.

We were lucky enought to miss the entire month of December here in Minneapolis, which was apparently pretty darn cold from the reviews we've gotten from friends and family. My mom actually called me up one day in December to tell me that Gus and Charly were refusing to even go outside to do their business, and she had to force them outside so they wouldn't be in pain from holding it all day long. On those days she'd walk them around the block, long enough to go potty, and then head straight back into the house. The dogs couldn't get back into the warmth fast enough.

So I figure we won't have to walk them a whole lot in the next couple of days, although I'll still have to come into work, which means I will actually have to leave the house. Bummer.

I want this Kikkerland dachshund business card holder from Shop Fosters. Instead of collecting business cards in my pencil drawer I could actually display them nicely on my desk, and actually find contacts when needed.

No comments: