Thursday, November 27, 2008

And Cut...


I was going to save this post for Christmas Day, when so many of us who don't get presents, or meet Santa, or gather around the tree end up going to the movies instead, after eating Chinese of course. 

But, I think a lot of people end up going to the movies on Thanksgiving too, at least on the Friday after the Turkey Day. It's either the movies, or face the masses at the mall, and who wants to do that. 

A friend of mine in Austria sent me this link. It's a movie theater in Vienna that has Doggy Movie Day once a month! You can meet other dog lovers and catch a movie with your pooch in the next seat. How awesome! They even provide popcorn for the dogs...

European dog culture, at least in Germany and Austria, is so different than at home. I've mentioned this before on this blog but dogs can basically go anywhere with their humans. You see them at restaurants, in the subway, on the trains, and I guess even at the movie sometimes. 

I love it! Wish I could take my dog to see the new highly acclaimed Disney move Bolt! It's gotten rave reviews and I'm sure we'd all have a blast together. I don't think any movie theater at home would allow Gus and Charly to make it through their doors though. I'll have to wait some months and rent it instead. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of your furry friends! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's true! It almost all of Europe a normal pet dog of any size can be brought onto public transport or intercity trains. Always on a leash and sometimes with a muzzle.

In North America, you can do this in Boston, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto and the Metro North trains which serve the NYC area.

For more info see "Dogs on Board!" at www.greenidea.eu

Maybe someone wants to start to work on this in MN? I know that Jim Oberstar is dog-friendly... plus sometime ago I told his staff about this project.