Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can!


"Sasha and Malia ... I love you both more than you can imagine. And you have earned the new puppy that's coming with us to the new White House."
 -- President-elect Barack Obama, November 4, 2008.

Aw yeah! Obama's in the White House and he's keeping his promise to his girls: they're getting that new puppy!

I can't tell you how excited I was this morning when at 6 a.m. (Germany time) I heard Barack's acceptance speech on CNN. And loud and clear, in front of the entire country and world, the first thing he said to his daughters was that they'd earned their new puppy. I imagine millions of dog lovers all over the United States feeling the same way. Ecstatic because the time for change is now, a black man has been elected president of our country, AND a real shelter mutt is going to be the next First Hound. 

Check out Obama Dogs Unite for this awesome Bark For Barack image you can download straight from the site. 

No comments: