Monday, February 23, 2009

Breakthrough


Well I've been sick as a dog for the past 4 days. Seems like this cold is running rampant through this city, and it's a pretty wicked cold. It started out in my chest and went straight up into my nose and mostly my head. I feel like a blow up doll and all I want is for somebody to stick a fork in me to let the air out. 

It's not ALL bad though... I stayed home from work today to try and sleep this thing off, and miraculously, Gus spent almost an entire two hours curled up with me on the bed. This is a pretty huge breakthrough since Gussie hasn't set foot in our bedroom for the past, I don't know, maybe 8 months... I think he got spooked a while back during a thunderstorm or something, and ever since then he hasn't been able to be comfortable in our bedroom.

I'm not sure what caused him to confront his fear and join Charly and me this afternoon, but let me tell you, this was the best nap I've had in a long time. The boys took good care of me today, now all I need is to get better by tomorrow because I can't miss out on another day of work. 

Remember last weekend when I spent Valentine's Day in New York City? Did I mention I had a grand old time! I stumbled on this awesome urban chic placemat featuring a New York City subway map and thought I'd feature it here today. Would have been perfect for last week's post, but it's never too late right? You can find this on Fab Dog Inc., along with other very unique items. Have fun exploring the site!


No comments: