Thursday, January 8, 2009

Morning Commute



We're remodeling our entry closet this afternoon, and because our dogs are, like many others of their species, not so welcoming towards workmen, we had to get them out of the house for the 2pm. installation.

So, this morning, I got up at 6:30 sharp, while the sky was still dark, and the temperatures were at 15 below zero Farenheit. I took a quick shower, had a cup of coffee, and made it out the door by 7:15AM, with the dogs in tow. Dan and I are still sharing a car, and I've got a number of different appointments I need to make this afternoon, thus I was tasked to get the dogs over to grandma's house, so the closet installers wouldn't have to deal with their incessant barking.

I drove from our place in Minneapolis, to my mom's house in Saint Paul, and back to downtown Minneapolis, and still made it to work by 8:00AM. That's the Twin Cities folks! Yes, it's freezing in the winter! Yes, it's a damn long winter! Yes, it's not Chicago, or New York, or San Francisco... But you can make it just about anywhere in the cities in under an hour, even during rush hour! And I like that.

This French antique clock circa 1810 can be found on the website of Gavin Douglas Fine Antiques Ltd. It's a bit spendy at 10,750 English Pounds...

No comments: